What We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information you provide to us directly when you use the Services. This includes:
Account information: To create an account, you must provide a username and password. Your username is public, and it doesn’t have to be related to your real name. You may also register with an email address. We also store your user account preferences and settings.
The content you submit: We collect the content you submit to the Services. This includes reviews and the servers you submit to our database including saved drafts, and your reports and other communications with us. Your content may include text, links, images, and videos.
Actions you take: We collect information about the actions you take when using the Services. This includes your interactions with content, like voting, saving, reporting, and reviewing.
Other information: You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in website activities or promotions, request support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and usage data: We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms.
Information collected from cookies and similar technologies: We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests, and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings.
Location information: We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information on our Services, including by associating your content with a location, or we may derive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from other users and third parties, and combine that information with the other information we have about you. For example, we may receive demographic or interest information about you from third parties, including advertisers, and combine it with our own data using a common account identifier such as a hash of an email address or a mobile-device ID.
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Research and develop new services;
- Help protect the safety of Zremax and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers and addressing abuse;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, and features that match user interests.
How Information About You Is Shared
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit content (such as a review) to the Services, any visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see that content, the username or email address associated with the content, and the date and time you originally submitted the content.
- We offer social sharing features that let you share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers.
Otherwise, we do not share, sell, or give away your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With our partners: We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (but not with advertisers and ad partners) who need access to such information to carry out work for us. The partner’s use of personal data will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- To comply with the law: We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency: We may share information if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies and rights: We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other Zremax policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
Ads and Analytics Partners
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
Advertisers and Ad Networks
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services.
As a Zremax user, you have the full control over your account and the information you want to provide.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can access and change certain information through the Services. You can also request a copy of the personal information Zremax maintains about you by contacting us at [email protected]
Deleting Your Account
You may delete your account information at any time from the My Profile page. You can also submit a request to delete the personal information Zremax maintains about you by contacting us at [email protected] When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and disassociated from the content you posted under that account. Please note, however, that the reviews you submitted prior to deleting your account might still be visible to others.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Controlling Advertising and Analytics
Some analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. For example, you may manage the use and collection of certain information by Google Analytics here.
Do Not Track
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal.
Controlling Location Information
If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Users in the European Economic Area have the right to request access to, the rectification of, or erasure of their personal data; to data portability in certain circumstances; to request the restriction of processing; to object to processing, and to withdraw consent for processing where they have previously provided consent. EEA users also have the right to lodge a complaint with their local supervisory authority.
As required by applicable law, we collect and process information about individuals in the EEA only where we have legal bases for doing so. Our legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. We process your information on the following legal bases:
- You have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose;
- We need to process the information to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security, enforcing our rules and policies, protecting our legal rights and interests, research and development, and marketing and promoting the Services;
- We need to process your information to comply with our legal obligations.
Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use the Services. Additionally, if you are in the EEA, you must be over the age required by the laws of your country to create an account or otherwise use the Services, or we need to have obtained verifiable consent from your parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Policy
Last updated: 9th of May, 2020.