In World of Wacraft: Cataclysm the guild system has been heavily revised in Cataclysm and rewards the merger into guilds more than was previously the case in World of Warcraft. In addition to guild achievements and guild bonuses, guild heirlooms are now available, and a guild can level up to 25 levels.
In order to have a clear overview of the many options of the new guild system, Cataclysm is also a completely new guild interface that provides access to the various information. The guild window is no longer part of the social window and has its own icon in the menu bar. The tabs in this window are Guild, Directory, New, Rewards and Info.
The Guild tab shows general information about the guild. Among them are the news of the day and the guild news, which should also be available as an RSS feed via the World of Warcraft Arsenal. Guild news includes achievements received, raid bosses defeated, items received, and occupational progress. Finally, below is the field with the guild bonuses. In normal view, only the latest guild bonus is displayed, but clicking on the heading will fill the entire list. Finally, below this is the display of your current guild call, which is needed to receive some rewards or guild bonuses.
In the Directory tab you will find many filter options. Do you want to see the status of success? No problem. Are you looking for a jeweler? No problem either. Especially in guilds that have a lot of twinks, it’s easy to get confused. Could player C make the gem or was it player F? You have direct access to his professions and see his whereabouts and ability at a glance. The typical division into guild and player status is of course still there. You can also see who did how much for the guild. This can be seen from the guild activity and the success points achieved.
The guild news , which can be filtered very well, is hidden under the New section . The news is organized chronologically and you could turn various categories of news on or off so that only raid rewards are posted, or only guild achievements rather than individual player achievements.
It continues with rewards. Here you can see the rewards your guild has earned or can still earn. To buy these, however, you have to go to the appropriate retailer in the capital cities. The rewards are not to be confused with the guild bonuses. You will receive rewards for completing guild achievements, guild bonuses for leveling and leveling up with the guild. You need a minimum reputation with your guild for some of the rewards.
Overview of the guild rewards, the guild heirlooms can be found below:
- Cloth of Cooperation – Teleport to a capital (8 hour cooldown)
- Unit Wrap – Teleports you to a capital city (4 hour cooldown)
- Cloak of Coordination – Teleports you to a capital city (2 hour cooldown)
- Guild Page – Pet
- Guild Herald – Pet
- Dark phoenix chick – pet
- Armadillo cub – pet
- Cooperation Banners – Establish a standard that gives guild members in your area 2% more experience points for 2 minutes
- Standard of Unity – Establish a standard that gives guild members in your area 4% more experience points for 2 minutes
- Battle Standard of Cooperation – Establish a standard that grants guild members around you 6% more experience points for 2 minutes
- Recipe: Seafood Feast – Teaches you how to cook seafood feast (similar to fish meal)
- Recipe: Raid Cauldron – Craft a cauldron that allows 10 raiders to take bottles from them
- Recipe: Large Raid Cauldron – Craft a cauldron that allows 25 raiders to take bottles from them
- Guild safe voucher 7th place – Opens a 7th place in the guild bank
- Guild safe voucher 8th place – Opens an 8th place in the guild bank
- Reins of the shredder Kor’kron – Mount
- Reins of the golden king – mount
- Reins of the Dark Phoenix – flight mount
In the last section – Info – you will find the guild events listed, i.e. everything that is entered in the calendar for your guild. The message of the day and the guild information are also available here.
Guild levels and bonuses
A guild’s achievements have so far been moderately rewarded. With Catacyslm that has changed: Killing bosses, rated battlefields, arena battles, professions, faction calls, achievements etc. grant you “guild experience points”, with which you can level up to 25 guild levels. If your guild has now risen a level, it will receive another guild bonus. These range from more experience points to the reduced cooldown of the resting stone and mass revival.
Guild Bonus Overview:
- Level 2: Fast Lane – Gives you 5% more experience in killing enemies and completing quests
- Level 3: sitting up – Increases mount speed outside battlefields and arenas by 10%
- Level 4: Popular – Gives you 5% more reputation for killing enemies and completing quests
- Level 5: Cash Flow – Every time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 5% of the amount to be paid to the guild bank
- Level 6: Fast Lane – Gives you 10% more experience in killing enemies and completing quests
- Level 7: Reinforce – Your items will lose 10% less durability when you die
- Level 8: Hasty Rest – Reduces the cooldown of your Reststone by 15 minutes
- Level 9: Reinforce – Your items will lose 20% less durability when you die
- Level 10: On Ex! – The duration of the buffs that you receive from guild members increases by 50%
- Level 11: Mobile Banking – Creates a guild bank chest that gives you access to the guild bank for 5 minutes
- Level 12: Popular – Gives you 10% more reputation for killing enemies and completing quests
- Level 13: Honorable Mention – Increases Honor Points received by 5%
- Level 14: Do Overtime – Increases the chance to get a skill upgrade by 10%
- Level 15: The Fast and the Dead – Increases health and mana when revived by guild members by 50% and increases walking speed when you are dead by 100%. Does not apply to battlefields, arenas, or combat
- Level 16: Cash Flow – Every time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 10% of the amount to be paid to the guild bank
- Level 17: G-Mail – Mail between guild members is delivered without delay
- Level 18: In the Name of Justice – Increases Justice Points received by 10%
- Level 19: Honorable Mention – Increases Honor Points received by 10%
- Level 20: Happy Hour – Increases the number of vials received from an alchemist’s cauldron by 50%
- Level 21: Got a group, now I want to travel – Summons all group and raid members to the caster’s location
- Level 22: On Ex! – The duration of the buffs that you receive from guild members increases by 100%
- Level 23: Profitable Bags – Increases the yield of all collecting professions, including disenchanting
- Level 24: Haggle – Reduces the cost of all merchant items by 10%
- Level 25: Mass Revival – Revives all dead party and raid members. Applicable to a player only every 10 minutes. Does not work in battlefields, arenas, or in combat.
With Cataclysm, guilds can now buy guild heirlooms. These heirloom items scale with the character (and possibly also guild) level and can be purchased from special retailers.
Overview of the heirlooms available in the guild:
- Worn Stoneskin Gargoyle Cape
- Inherited Cape of the Black Baron
- Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak
- Tattered Dreadmist Mask
- Preened Tribal War Feathers
- Stained Shadowcraft Cap
- Mystical Coif of Elements
- Tarnished Raging Berserker’s Helm
- Polished Helm of Valor
While only individual games have been successful so far, this is also possible for guilds in Catacylsm. There are special guild achievements, such as a grand master of every profession in the guild or the acquisition of a legendary item. There are also raid and instance-related guild achievements. You can find a list of all guild achievements in the section Guild Achievements in WoW Cataclysm .
Guild Recruitment / search for guild
Guild recruitment is usually a complex process and many players have the problem of being overwhelmed with it. In addition, one has so far relied on forums or websites from second-party providers. With Cataclysm, Blizzard wanted to introduce a “search for guild” system that was supposed to solve this problem. Unfortunately, this feature didn’t make it to the release. Whether Blizzard will deliver this later remains to be seen.
As before, Blizzard does not plan to introduce guild halls. In Cataclysm, too, players in the cities should interact with each other and not isolate themselves in one instance.
You might also be interested in: